I pulled out my little collection of soap, shampoo and conditioners today. I used to travel every month for work and so I had formed a little collection. I gave up after a little while though as they were just sitting there mostly unused. My husband calls it stealing although my view is that it is complimentary and part of my hotel stay. Today it was time to do something about the collection and I came across several things in the process.
1. Old coffee jars make great storage and decorative jars, such as for soap. I doubt we will ever use the soap but it’s a cute bathroom decoration.
2. Hotel or unused shampoo is a good substitute for handwash. I used all of the clear or cream coloured shampoo and have plenty of orange left for the next refill.
3. Baby Oil is great for removing the sticky residue left on plastic containers such as a handwash pump.
4. Empty hotel shampoo bottles could come in handy. I plan to fill with dish washing liquid for camping trips, or use as a cute message in a bottle craft or a different way of giving money for a birthday gift.
5. According to several websites, conditioner can be used as makeup remover. I will have to try that later.